Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hi everyone,

So to start off, I really did not care for Akira.  I did not hate it but out of the other two anime movies, I liked this one the least.  I did not really care for the design of the characters and the story was a little confusing to me.  I understand from a historical perspective how it influenced so many shows and movies.  However, I still really liked the design of the character in Princess Mononoke better because it looked more realistic.  Also the characters were confusing.  I mainly got confused with the female characters and why they were important.  Rachael, Sammy and I, after the film, talked about why it was not necessary for Kaori to be in the stadium and to die.  In addition, I didn't feel like they did not establish who was part of the resistance.  I thought when we first met Kakashi that the man with him was his dad and the man was trying to protect his son.  I did not realize that the man was part of the resistance until I read a summary of the movie online.  The last thing I really did not like the violence in it even thought I thought it was necessary.  However, this might just be me not liking violent movies.

The things I really like the most about this movie was the scenery and the motorcycles.  I really want the red motorcycle!!!! As for the scenery I really like the building shots in the beginning when they were riding their motorcycles.  The buildings looked very flat but also very believable.  They reminded me so much of a comic book look like the  buildings in Batman or Spiderman.

Overall, I did not really care for the movie but I do respect the fact that it did influence so many of today's animated shows and movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment