Thursday, October 23, 2014

Akira


                                                   
So lets talk about Akira.

I did not really like Akira. Personally I am just not into 80's movies they have this weird vibe to them that I just can't stand. I also am not fond of movies that involve gangs or more specifically cheesy 80's gangs. So that's my personal reason for not liking Akira, it wasn't my type of movie. My other reason for not liking it is that it just isn't a very good movie. It left a lot of things unexplained like why are the children ugly? What about the other subjects or awakened people? What was with the pills? Was Akira the cause of the explosion in 1988? and some other things that just left me sitting there confused when the movie ended. I guess like Sydney said read the manga and it'll make more sense. I also felt that the characters weren't very three dimensional and I really wouldn't have cared if they all died. Kaneda and Tetsuo's history with one another is pretty cute but still wasn't enough to make me emotionally attached to them.

Though I didn't enjoy the movie I can see how it was influential to anime. Its animation for one was really good especially considering the time and I actually like the motorcycle scenes from an animator point of view (even if I didn't like it from a story point of view). I thought the trail left by the tail lights was beautiful.
                                            
This is how I felt at the end of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment