Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hi everyone,

So again this was my first time seeing Grave of the Fireflies and I found it sad but  like Emily I thought it was going to be a lot sadder.  It did make my stomach drop but not enough for me to cry.  The main part that made me the most sad was when Setsuko told her brother to not leave her after Seita gets arrested.

The one thing that surprised me was that the movie did not end with Seita in the train station.  I'm curious how he ended up in the train station and why did he not stay and die in the home that Setsuko and he made.  I was also curious as to why the aunt did not react a lot when Seita and Setsuko leave.  The Aunt does pause as she is going into the house but continues to walk into the house without looking back.

The one thing that annoyed me was that Seita was very stubborn.  He could have brought his sister back to the Aunt's house and saved her life but he was too stubborn to do that.  Instead he just stole and had Setsuko suffer.

Overall though I thought it was a really endearing movie.  The characters were well developed and the symbolism was was beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment