Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

So guess I have to talk about Street of Crocodile. :(  Overall I did not really like or understand Street of Crocodiles.  Like all stop motion animations I admire their ability to make a successful stop motion video.  However, I did not really like the look of the character mainly because they are creepy.


The other main issue I had with the film was that I did not really understand what was going on.  I had to look up what the film was about.  Even though I could kind of understand how it represented the Ghettos in Germany, but I was still confused.  Also, I did not understand why it was necessary to have severed body parts.  Overall, this film was just very confusing and unlike The Hand it was not very clever.

The film I really liked was The Hand.  I found The Hand very cleverly made and aesthetically pleasing.  I could understand the hand as representing communism or capitalism.  I also really like the use of lighting.  The lighting really expressed the characters mood.


The use of lighting really reminded me of Viva Vendetta




I found The Hand funny but also serious at the same time.  The one thing I did not understand was his obsession with the potted plant.  Overall, I found it funny and clever.





No comments:

Post a Comment